Tuesday, May 17, 2011

It's Official

Well, I have gone and done it.
You have successfully registered to the Zumba Basic 1 training in Modesto, CA, US on 2011-05-21

I'm going to become an official instructor.  The best part is that it almost didn't happen.  I had to wait until I got my paycheck to register (it is fairly expensive).  Thursday night, the class was still open.  Friday morning, it was sold out.

I immediately returned to the quitting personality that I've always been plagued by.  There were no other classes nearby for the rest of the summer that weren't already sold out.  I took it as a sign, and I thought this whole thing might not be a good idea.

My girlfriend, who was disappointed for me, checked again on Sunday, and the class had opened back up.  I immediately registered, before I gave myself any more time to think.

I'm still nervous that I'm going to be the only fat one there, or that they will all have Bachelors of Arts in Dance, or that they'll all wonder why I feel anybody would even take a class from me, or that I'll be so sweaty and disgusting throughout the 10-hour training that everyone will just be turned off.

Well, I'm going regardless, so let's hope that I'm not only the lone guy at the training, but that I'm also the best dancer!

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow.  Learn as if you were to live forever."
~Mahatma Gandhi

No comments:

Post a Comment