Monday, May 9, 2011

My Mission Starts

Today, my grandmother turns 69.  She's had a rough year, and we were surprised she pulled through.
Yesterday, for Mothers' Day, a video was posted of a close friend I lost in high school to a tragic house-fire.
All things considered, I need to start preparing my body for lasting a lot longer than it may last in its current condition.

I'm 223.6 pounds, and I'm 5'8".

I'm out of shape.  It's not that I don't have a fair amount of muscle, its just that there's a hefty layer of fat hiding it.  My muffin top is obnoxious, and I'd like to look better naked.  Seeing Chris Hemsworth in Thor last night didn't help much.

I'm worried about my health.  I have high cholesterol, and my blood pressure is too high.  My family history shows I'm predisposed to diabetes, and my diet has bouts where it is not very spectacular.

Saving grace: I can dance.  I was a competitive ballroom dancer for a few years while at Michigan.  I've really enjoyed Zumba throughout the last year, and I think I'm going to use it to get into shape.

So, starting now, I'm going to Become Zumba.  Here's to, for the first time in my life, following through and maintaining a healthy weight.  I hope my journey will inspire, and I hope that I will eventually be able to teach Zumba classes to people who need help finding enjoyment in exercise.

Follow me to help me along my process, and I hope to motivate you.  Let's all dance our way into better lives!

Tell your friends, and feel free to contact me throughout my journey!
BecomingZUMBA.blogspot.com

~RoB

No comments:

Post a Comment